May is Celiac Awareness Month. Catelli® Gluten Free Pasta has been, as voted by consumers, a 2015 Best New Product Award winner.
In celebration Catelli put out a challenge to Canadian food bloggers to come up with an “Out of the Box” type of recipe to be made with their pasta. I think that this recipe is completely out of the box and different. No one would ever think that there is puree pasta in this delicious fudge brownie recipe. Believe me, of all my various taste testers, no one thought there was pasta in them.
I love using Catelli Gluten Free Pasta because it tastes the closest to regular pasta, out of all the pastas that I have tried.
In addition to the bloggers challenge, you as consumers, can create and post your own original gluten free pasta recipe on Catelli’s Facebook page, and provide you with a link so you can access a discount product coupon here. A separate Gluten Free Pastabilities Challenge will be held for the public from May 4-31, 2015, and the three people whose recipes get selected and have the highest number of likes on Catelli’s Facebook page will receive a year’s supply of gluten free pasta, courtesy of Catelli.
Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies (Vegan/ Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Refined Sugar Free)
1 c. uncooked Gluten Free Catelli Penne Pasta
1- 540 g. (19 oz.) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
3/4 c. coconut palm sugar (or desired granular sugar)
1/2 c. cocoa or raw cacao
1/2 c. unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 c. coconut oil (or butter if not vegan or dairy free)
2 tsp. gluten free vanilla extract
1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
1/4 ts. sea salt
1 c. dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cook pasta according to Catelli’s manufactures instructions.
Drain and put cooked pasta into food processor. Add in remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips. Pulse the ingredients in food processor until smooth.
Add in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and pulse until just blended in.
Pour batter in a 9′ X 9″ baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
Top with remaining chocolate chips.
For fudge like texture bake for 30-32 minutes or until sides of brownie just start to crack. If you like more firm brownies, bake an additional 5 minutes.
Let cool completely, until chocolate chips are no longer melted. Cut into 16 squares. Freezes well.
About Catelli® Gluten Free pasta
· Made from a unique four-grain blend of white rice, brown rice, corn and quinoa.
· Available in Spaghetti, Fusilli, Penne and Macaroni (photo attached).
· Delicious taste, smooth texture.
· Voted the Best New Gluten Free Pasta by Consumers.*
· Rated extremely high** by consumers in blind taste tests for taste, texture, colour and appearance.
· Produced in a dedicated gluten free facility.
· Certified by the Canadian Celiac Association’s Gluten-Free Certification Program.
· Made with ingredients that are declared GMO free: white rice flour, brown rice flour, corn flour, quinoa flour, monoglycerides (from vegetable/palm oil).
· 310 calories, 2 grams of fat per serving (85 g) of pasta.
· Low in sodium (0 mg), source of fibre (3 g) per serving (85 g) of pasta.
· Cholesterol and preservative free.
· Easy to digest, with the great taste and texture of regular pasta.
· Available at all major retailers across Canada, in the pasta aisle.
Shared On: Real Food Recipes, Mix It Up Monday, Fat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Waste Not Want Not, Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Fridays, Healthy Vegan Fridays