Catelli has done it again! They have expanded their gluten free product line to now include Lasagne and Linguine!
“Canadians asked for a gluten free lasagne that doesn’t taste gluten free, and we delivered,” said Sandra Kim, Catelli Director of Marketing, explaining that Catelli developed this product to fill a gap in the marketplace. “Our research indicates there is consumer demand for gluten free lasagne with better flavour and texture, and with Catelli’s unique formula that combines four different grains, we have succeeded in creating just that.”
Catelli® Gluten Free Lasagne – an oven-ready lasagne that does not need to be boiled or cooked beforehand – is the sixth cut of pasta to be featured in the Catelli® Gluten Free Pasta line, voted by consumers as a 2015 Best New Product Award winner. The line also includes Penne, Fusilli, Macaroni, Spaghetti, and recently-introduced Linguine.
Being a Canadian blogger I have developed a lasagna recipe that not only features the new Catelli Gluten Free Lasagne but give a different spin to a traditional lasagna with the addition of sausage and goat cheese.
Goat Cheese Sausage Lasagna (Gluten Free)
2 c. diced sweet pepper (red, green or orange)- 1 lg pepper
2 c. diced onion – 1 lg onion
2 c. diced sweet potato- 1 medium potato
3 gluten free sausages- diced
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
4 c. pasta sauce
1-300 gram. pkg. goat cheese
1- 250 gram pkg. Catelli Gluten Free Lasagne
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large skillet cook sausage, vegetables, cumin and paprika on medium heat until pork is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are soft. Divide meat/vegetable mixture into four sections.
In a 9″ by 13″ greased baking dish spread 2 Tbsp. of pasta sauce over the bottom of dish. Arrange four lasagna noodles. Top with approximately one cup of sauce, then with one section of meat/vegetable mixture and one quarter of crumbled goat cheese log.
Repeat three more times with noodles, sauce, meat/vegetable mixture and goat cheese.
Bake covered with foil for 30-35 minutes or until noodles are cooked through. Let site for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy!
About Catelli® Gluten Free pasta
· Made from a unique four-grain blend of white rice, brown rice, corn and quinoa.
· Available in Spaghetti, Fusilli, Penne and Macaroni, and new Lasagne and Linguine.
· Delicious taste, smooth texture.
· Voted the Best New Gluten Free Pasta by Consumers.*
· Rated extremely high** by consumers in blind taste tests for taste, texture, colour and appearance.
· Produced in a dedicated gluten free facility.
· Certified by the Canadian Celiac Association’s Gluten-Free Certification Program.
· Made with ingredients that are declared GMO free: white rice flour, brown rice flour, corn flour, quinoa flour, monoglycerides (from vegetable/palm oil).